was successfully added to your cart.
How CBD Oil is MadeHow to Buy CBD Oil

What Should You Know About YOUR CBD?

By November 16, 2017 November 24th, 2018 No Comments

There’s been a lot of buzz lately about cannabidiol, or CBD, as a health supplement that can be used for a myriad of purposes. Because CBD affects the endocannabinoid system, which in turn affects many of the body’s other major systems, it’s no surprise that pre-clinical research shows that CBD’s properties can help the body in numerous ways. Because CBD’s effects on the body are potentially quite widespread, it is important for anyone purchasing CBD oil to know as much as possible about the product. Here are some questions to consider:

  1. Is the hemp source organic?

When you are putting something in your body, be it food, a supplement, or anything else, you want it to be as pure as possible. Because hemp is a plant, it can be exposed to chemicals and toxic pesticides, or be genetically modified. Purchasing organic CBD oil ensures that you get the purest, cleanest product possible.

  1. Are independent certificates of analysis available before you purchase?

Product purity is vital when it comes to what you put in or on your body. Contaminants can affect quality and effectiveness. Before you purchase CBD oil from any source, you need to ensure that it is free of mold, bacteria, pesticides, and heavy metals. A certificate of analysis will provide you with relevant data on the product, allowing you to make an informed buying decision. You can find a certificate of analysis for each Elixinol product on the product page.

  1. How is the hemp processed?

Carbon dioxide (CO2) is often used in the extraction process for high-quality CBD. This is the extraction method that Elixinol uses. This process is considered greener than other methods such as fossil fuel-based extraction. It is also less toxic. When shopping for CBD oil, take time to find out how the hemp is processed. Look for products that use CO2 supercritical processes to ensure the utmost purity, potency and palatability.

  1. Is the product full-spectrum/whole-plant?

A CBD oil that is labeled “full spectrum” means that the whole plant was used in its production. This full-spectrum approach is far preferable to the isolate form of the oil. At one time there was speculation that the isolate oil was more potent, but a 2015 research study published online by Scientific Research Publishing debunked that claim and showed that full-spectrum formulas are indeed superior. The isolate form of the oil is simply not as potent or effective.

  1. What other ingredients are in the product?

You may notice that your hemp oil has a list of “other” ingredients in addition to CBD. Not only is this perfectly normal, it is preferred and necessary to ensure that you get the highest-quality product possible. Of course, quality depends on the other ingredients listed, so it is important to read the label to understand what you are purchasing.

Each of the other ingredients has a specific job, whether it’s making the product easier for your body to absorb, more palatable, or easier to blend. At Elixinol, we include flavonoids in our hemp oil. These have powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and they add color, ensuring that you receive a high-quality product you can feel good about.


Resources:

https://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nida/legislative-activities/testimony-to-congress/2016/biology-potential-therapeutic-effects-cannabidiol

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/PP_2015021016351567.pdf

If Elixinol Is 18% CBD Oil, What Is the Other 82%?