CBD Benefits & Uses
Posted on September 02 2020
In recent years, people have been discovering the benefits of CBD, looking to this compound as a dietary supplement to support overall health. From promoting more restful sleep to helping to support joint health and functionality, CBD can be used as a supplement to aid in improving the quality of life in a number of ways.
Is CBD a Drug?
Before we talk more about the benefits of CBD, let’s dispel a few myths first. CBD is not a drug. Cannabidiol -- more commonly known as CBD -- is derived from the cannabis (or marijuana) plant. Because this plant has long had a long association with recreational-use marijuana, many people often inaccurately think of CBD as a drug and wonder, “Does CBD oil get you high?” In reality, CBD is only one of many compounds found in the marijuana plant.
CBD does not have the psychoactive properties that produce an overly-euphoric feeling equated with “getting high.” Actually, the compound in the marijuana plant that does have psychoactive properties and is responsible for the feeling of a “high” is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). THC and CBD are two very different derivatives from the same plant, each with their own distinct properties.
What Does CBD Oil Do?
CBD oil is made from blending plant-based CBD with a carrier oil, such as MCT coconut oil, avocado oil, or others. This produces the CBD oils that you’ll find on the market in a consumable format. Carrier oils are necessary to bind CBD oils with fats to help the body process and absorb CBD to reap its benefits.
The Benefits of CBD: What is CBD Used For?
CBD has a wide range of benefits, from promoting better sleep to decreasing feelings of stress or nervousness. As a supplement, CBD works with the body’s own endocannabinoid system (ECS), which helps control the body’s response to pain, hunger, sleep, and more. Here are some of the ways CBD can be used as a supplement to support a healthy lifestyle:
- Promotes better sleep. Whether you deal with sleeplessness or restless sleep, CBD may be able to help give you a better night’s sleep. The American Sleep Association (ASA) has mentioned that recent research has shown that CBD may interact with receptors in the body that impact a person’s sleep cycle. Good Night Capsules combine CBD and Melatonin to promote a tranquil night’s sleep.
- Helps relieve nervousness. CBD oil can be used to help relieve occasional, everyday jitters. CBD works with the body’s endocannabinoid system to promote feelings of calm and relaxation.
- Supports cognitive health. CBD oil, as a supplement, can help to support brain functionality and cognitive health. This goes hand-in-hand with its ability to help offer more restful sleep and ease feelings of nervousness. When you feel rested and more at-ease, you’ll likely be able to think more clearly!
- Helps with muscle pain and inflammation due to exercise. Exercise is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. However, sometimes, a person can overdo it or have muscle soreness following a tough workout. CBD salves used in a topical format can help ease muscle pain and reduce inflammation related to exercising.
- Supports and maintains cardiovascular health. While CBD can help reduce inflammation related to exercise or strenuous activity, it may also be able to reduce risk factors that contribute to cardiovascular disease. Stress and feelings of nervousness may be factors that lead to high blood pressure. CBD can help to lessen those uncomfortable feelings.
- Supports a healthy immune system response.CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties also extend to the body’s immune system’s inflammatory response, which can be helpful for those with autoimmune disorders.
How Does CBD Oil Make You Feel?
While CBD has been shown to have some broader benefits, its effectiveness can vary from person to person. If you plan to use CBD oil, it’s important to mention it to your doctor. Although CBD is legal in most states, every state has their own restrictions as to its formulation and types of CBD products allowed. Depending on those restrictions, as well as your personal medical history, your doctor can work with you to determine if CBD may interact with any existing medications you are taking and track your progress if you choose to integrate CBD into your regimen as a supplement. Learn more about our CBD oils, such as our full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD oil, all made with 100% organic hemp.
CBD for Focus & Att...
One of the many benefits of CBD is its ability to help support brain functionality and cognitive health. This is due in-part to its ability to help...Read More
CBD Benefits & Uses
In recent years, people have been discovering the benefits of CBD, looking to this compound as a dietary supplement to support overall health. From...Read More
CBD & Anxiety: Does...
According to a 2010 study conducted by the American Psychological Association (APA), over 44% of Americans noted that their stress levels have incr...Read More